I’m sure if someone asked you right now to throw away your several hundred euros’ worth of face serum, you would visibly wince. Yet, you have no problem to do the same with orange peel, even though it can help your skin just as much as your overpriced products. What's in season will make your skin glow! Not only when it's part of your diet, but even when it's used directly on your skin. Did you know that the peel is the healthiest part of the entire fruit? Surprising, isn’t it?
Orange peel benefits your skin in numerous ways. Originally famous for its healing properties and used in natural medicine, today it is often included in beauty products due to the essential oil it contains. The peel can benefit your skin immensely by treating various skin problems such as acne, blackheads and blemishes.
Acne and pimples are caused by the extra oil or bacteria that clog the pores of the skin. A brilliant way to ward-off acne and pimples from your face is by applying orange peel paste. It has good anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that can stop the growth of bacteria and also promote the growth of new healthy cells. Keen to know some more benefits of using orange peel in your skincare? Keep reading…
What are the benefits of orange peel?
- It is rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants which protect your skin from free radicals.
- On top of fighting free radicals, vitamin C brightens your skin and makes it youthful and glowing.
- Orange peel unclogs your pores, removes blackheads and helps in treating acne.
- It contains citric acid, which exfoliates the skin and bleaches dark spots.
- You can use orange peel powder to treat the skin damaged by the sun. Essential oils in orange peel have anti-inflammatory properties and soothe irritated skin.
- It makes the skin soft and smooth and evens out the complexion.
- Orange peel makes your skin firm and elastic. It improves collagen production, repairs the skin and improves microcirculation.
- Calcium in orange peel helps in renewing skin cells and regenerates the skin.
Orange peels are a core ingredient in many TanOrganic products, including the Self-tan Oil, Self-tan Lotion & Multi-use Dry Oil. Not only do they make our products smell amazing and citrusy, but as you’ve just read, they provide so many skincare benefits! Self-tan can often be the cause of dry, irritated skin, but at TanOrganic, all the ingredients that formulate our self-tan are 100% natural and organic. So, you can treat your skin while still having a radiant bronzed glow.